Rogue diallers

edric60 10:03 05 Oct 2005

My colleague keeps getting a message which says that a dialler BAZ or DAZ (I can't remember which) is trying to dial out. How can he get rid of this?
Hope someone can help

pj123 12:53 05 Oct 2005

What protection does he have installed, AntiVirus, Firewall etc? If none, then maybe a good idea to get some.

wilco33 12:58 05 Oct 2005

A good tip is to call your phone network (BT or
other) & ask them to block any premium rate calls.

ventanas 14:57 05 Oct 2005

What is actually telling him? it seems he already has protection otherwise he would not get this message. I assume that whatever the informant is, is also blocking it, as this click here will. Your colleague very likely has a premium rate dialer installed. If this is a business line (colleague) then blocking premium rate calls may not be an option, but you need to get rid of it. I would carry out a full system scan with just about every anti-spyware program I could find Spybot click here Adaware click here Also run click here and save the log file. If you can't fully understand it post the log here.

ventanas 15:01 05 Oct 2005

Another one to scan with and probably better than the others click here

iscanut 15:20 05 Oct 2005

If your colleague dials up via BT, they provide a free program called Modem Protect ( or something similar ). When installed, it detects and blocks rogue diallers. Worth a look.

iscanut 15:20 05 Oct 2005

If your colleague dials up via BT, they provide a free program called Modem Protect ( or something similar ). When installed, it detects and blocks rogue diallers. Worth a look.

MidgetMan 18:51 05 Oct 2005

If he is on broadband tell him not to worry, diallers can only work on dial up modems (been discussed on here lots of times before) Oterwise as suggested block premium numbers and get the sys scanned and cleaned up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

How Sketch and InVision have revolutionised our design workflow

The best tech gifts for Christmas 2017

Les meilleurs jeux de société (2017)