returning goods bought on the inter net

topcat596070 21:30 10 Oct 2015

Hi on the 21 september l bouht a androyd free view box on amazon lthouth it would take 5/7 days at most to arrive .after a week with no sign of it l checked with amazon it would be deliverd between 6/26 oct .its naw 10 oct and still no sign of it so l sent an email through amazon to cansell it ,l reseved an email back stating l will have to pay return postage l think 6 weeks its coming from china is along time far to long to wait .do l have to pay return post .dose any one know how l stand.

spuds 22:40 10 Oct 2015

I find it rather confusing what you have said, because it seems that some of the answer you are seeking are already there.

"lthouth it would take 5/7 days at most to arrive .after a week with no sign of it l checked with amazon it would be deliverd between 6/26 oct .its naw 10 oct and still no sign of it"

Amazon have stated that it would be delivered between 6/26 October, so in theory you still have 16 more days to wait. If it is from China, then expecting a delivery in 5/7 days is possible wishful thinking, and perhaps you should have checked this before ordering.

"so l sent an email through amazon to cansell it ,l reseved an email back stating l will have to pay return postage l think 6 weeks its coming from china is along time far to long to wait .do l have to pay return post .dose any one know how l stand."

If you cancel the item, because you have decided you no longer want it, then its for you to pay return postage, unless an alternative was offered at the time of purchase. If the item is faulty on delivery, then you might have a claim against the seller. But being of Chinese origin and location it might not be a simple matter, unless Amazon intervene.

I buy quite a number of items from China, and most are problem free, with deliveries taking anything from about 2 to 5 weeks. Depending on the cost of the item, you could also have taxes to pay on arrival, have you thought about that, because I suspect you haven't, going on what you have said so far.

Buying cheap from China or elsewhere from overseas might have its advantages, but it can also have its disadvantages, especially if you not prepared to wait, because while buying through the internet, its not going to be the same as buying from an high street UK retailer.

I hope that as covered, what you perhaps needed to know!.

Govan1x 23:35 10 Oct 2015

It tells you the dates when it is expected to be delivered before you buy it.

I also bought something from amazon coming from China and it took about 3 weeks or slightly over to arrive but it still arrived 1 day before the earliest date for arrival.

Waste of time giving you a tracker number as it never moves. I would imagine as you knew how long it was going to take to get here then you cancel it I would think you would need to pay the return fair.

morddwyd 08:24 11 Oct 2015

I think I must agree with spods.

HondaMan 09:24 11 Oct 2015

Your contract appears to be with Amazon so any disputes fall under the Distance Selling Regs. The source of the object is, frankly immaterial.

spuds 09:54 11 Oct 2015

HondaMan

click here

Forum Editor 10:11 12 Oct 2015

"Your contract appears to be with Amazon"

Probably not. If the item was being supplied direct from China it is probably coming from a supplier in the Amazon marketplace, in which case the contract will be with the supplier in China.

HondaMan 10:30 12 Oct 2015

With all due respect to everyone, the goods were ordered from and payment made to, Amazon whether acting on its own behalf or as agent for the owner of the goods. Amazon has a contract for the supply of the goods with the original owner, who-ever and where-ever he, they or it might be. I still think that under British law, Amazon is liable for the money.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon slashes Echo Dot price to just £24.99 to kick off Black Friday

The 51 Best Free Typefaces Every Designer Should Have

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio (2018)