Relisys Monitors

cycoze 00:49 24 Dec 2003

I purchased two Relisys monitors this time last year a 17" and a 19" , the 17" has been trouble free and gives good daily service.

The 19" however has been replaced three times , the first one went back after one week , it was extremely hot and had a dark shadow over a quarter of the screen .

I was impressed with the next day delivery of a new Monitor , this one lasted till October when the screen decided to diminish in size , again i was impressed with the next day delivery of a recon replacement .

Well this weekend the replacement decided to go belly up on me , so i rang Relisys Monday afternoon to be told a replacement would be sent out for Tuesday (i really thought i would have to wait until the new Year)so joy of joy`s it came .

I finally got around to installing tonight , booted up the system , adjusted the Monitor settings , hooked up to the net , read a few emails and click off went the Monitor :o( dead as a DoDo .

Am i just unlucky ? as i said the 17" has been no bother , could it be the larger size`s are just not very good ?

The computer that the first three have been on runs perfectly well , its had another Monitor on it the past couple of days no problems , i put this latest monitor on to another machine .

I realise these are budget monitors , but it is getting annoying now , this company have been very good replacing these Monitors quickly but i wonder if there is a problem with them .

cycoze 01:03 24 Dec 2003

Re the above i was meaning to say a bad batch , the first , third and fourth monitors are all the same batch #`s R5******** the second monitor which lasted 10 months was of a different batch RY********.

Stuartli 09:30 24 Dec 2003
  cycoze 11:40 24 Dec 2003

Thanks for those links Stuartli .

I phoned Relisys this morning and spoke to a very polite Gentleman , i asked him about the batch , and was told that he was unaware of any problems with any particular batch , he understood my frustration and said he would have a replacement sent out from a newer batch .

I really cannot fault this company for their customer service and speed of delivery , its excellent , i just need a bit more product reliability.

Well i will have to wait until next Tuesday for delivery as the next despatch date is Monday , Christmas interferes with everything ! seriously though i am perfectly happy with that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?