Refurbished laptops from PC world ?

Ally11 18:27 07 Apr 2009

Has anyone had any experience in buying a refurbished laptop from PC World. They're selling the Acer 6920 or a 7720 at a good price which I can afford but I'm worried I might end up buying a headache to save £150 ? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Woolwell 19:21 07 Apr 2009

Bought one with no problems so far. But I checked it over very thoroughly and I am not sure I got a good deal as I think I could have got the same model at a very similar price elsewhere and brand new. You need to confirm that it is really a good deal.

Woolwell 19:22 07 Apr 2009

I bought an Acer but not the models that you are looking at.

AL47 20:58 07 Apr 2009

not with pc world but i have always bought referbs

my iphone i got off ebay from the US, been going more than a year and a half

Stuartli 22:22 07 Apr 2009

A more reliable source:

click here

gazzaho 15:15 08 Apr 2009

Can't comment on their refurbished laptops but PC World tried to sell me a reconditioned Samsung HD TV a few years back for the same price as a new one! After that episode I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw one of their outlet stores.

£150 cheaper doesn't sound like a very good deal for a reconditioned machine to me, considering you don't know what trouble it had to start with. I would think the thing with reconditioned items is to buy as cheap as possible, that way if you do get a dud the monetary loss is lessened, in the end you pay and take your chances.

wiz-king 16:04 08 Apr 2009

Another source of factory refurbs or end of line. click here

Ally11 15:41 10 Apr 2009

Hi AL47
Thanks that's interesting
Re your iPhone ? How did you get it working without having to use the expensive O2 tariff ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

WWDC history: Apple's product launches since 2005

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?