Recommendations for 19" TFT Monitor

bremner 17:19 06 Mar 2005

I am in the market for a 19" TFT.

I do not play the fastest/latest 3D games so a fast response time is not essential. I do however spend quite a bit of time at the machine so good clear text is important.

Any suggestions from personal experience would be welcomed.

Thanks

LastChip 18:26 06 Mar 2005

I use an amw and have been delighted with it. Sadly, it seems it's no longer available, but you could click here and read the reviews that are posted for any that catch your eye. Most are informative, and ebuyer does not edit them in any way, so you get "warts and all"!

19" are phenomenal value now. The price has dropped over the last couple of year drastically.

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:27 06 Mar 2005

click here I had this delivered last Wednesday. If you can find the SAME cheaper, they will match price. 2 day FREE delivery by Amtrak.

I used to have a Sony Trinitron which I thought was unbeatable but this one is streets ahead. The type is ultra-clear and sharp and the quality is outstanding. For the Fashionistas amongst us, the styling is drop dead cool. Check out the reviews on the same page, they all say more or less the same.

G

bremner 20:33 06 Mar 2005

Thanks for that - I can't believe the spec for that money.

I will try and persuade HID that I must have one asap.

wjrt 21:41 06 Mar 2005

click here
also try searching for Philips 190XS

deep-joy 22:01 06 Mar 2005

Got a Digimate 1916 last week, very good spec and nice to use for my laptop.
click here

sidecar sid 22:18 06 Mar 2005

The Digimate mentioned by deep-joy is available from Aria

click here

Click on super specials and scroll down £193.82 +carriage.It has a 16ms response time.

If it is as good as the 17" model i am sitting in front of it will be money well spent.

Beas-Knees 22:25 06 Mar 2005

IIyama from click here

bremner 23:26 06 Mar 2005

Thanks to all - this has given me plenty of food for thought

bremner 18:26 07 Mar 2005

From your documentation are you able confirm what the response time is for the Viewsonic you have recommended.

The Viewsonic site says 25ms but your link, dabs, ebuyer and a coiuple of others have said 16ms

phil 20:09 07 Mar 2005

I have the slightly older Viewsonic than the one Gandalf recommends.

It's an absolute beauty. When I bought it back in November it was £340 so it's an even better bargain now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

How Sketch and InVision have revolutionised our design workflow

The best tech gifts for Christmas 2017

Les meilleurs jeux de société (2017)