Received wrong part

jhwhite 16:04 30 Nov 2010

Hi Guys,

I recently bought a computer (which arrived today) from Cougar-extreme. When I looked through the clear plastic side I've just noticed that they've given me a different PSU to the one I ordered.

I ordered a: CORSAIR CMPSU-650TXUK

and received a: Lian Li Maxima Force 650W PSU

Should I be happy about this?

The Lian Li is listed as more expensive on their site but id it really better? I really don't know much about computer components.

I am considering informing them anyway just in case they had a mix up and I'm an honest fool.

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:25 30 Nov 2010

I would much rather have the Lian..great make and a good substitution.

G

Woolwell 16:39 30 Nov 2010

Cougar tend to do this. They find they haven't a part and substitute one, often a better one, but don't inform the customer. This happened to me.

jhwhite 19:15 30 Nov 2010

Thanks again Guys

spuds 11:45 01 Dec 2010

If you have need to contact their support, you will also find that they have the customers interest at heart, not like some other companies that I could perhaps mention. Buying from this company, you have made a wise decision.

GaT7 17:03 01 Dec 2010

As Woolwell says, when an original component is not available, most system builders substitute it with another of similar/better spec & value. I think the quality Lian Li PSU meets at least one of these criteria, so it'll be OK. They should have let you know though, & this lack of communication can annoy more than the substitute!

Lian Li are actually much better known for their lovely all-aluminium PC cases than PSUs! G

interzone55 21:24 01 Dec 2010

Such a shame Dell don't do this, they'll happily hold up a system for a week waiting for the correct graphics card when they have loads of similar spec cards on the shelf

HondaMan 09:54 02 Dec 2010

MAybe. But if the use a substitute part, you can bet your bottom dollar somebody will use that as an excuse to reject the item, or otherwise criticise dell for using a non-specified part

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

HomePod review

Streaming : Netflix ou Amazon Prime Video ?