PROTX

Bald Eagle 20:48 03 Jan 2009

Anyone used these for secure online payments? I was trying to buy some carbon monoxide gas for testing my CO monitors when this company was presented for secure payment. Padlock and certificates ok but when I clicked the submit button to pay it hung up for about 15 minutes (half a green bar) then the page disappeared altogether. I've emailed the company I was trying to buy off telling them that they've lost an order and left it to them to contact PROTX.
BE

GaT7 21:41 03 Jan 2009

So, you're positive the order didn't go through? Did you receive an 'order was successful' email &/or check your online account at this company to view the order status. Have you checked your online bank/credit card statement to see if the money was taken (though some companies will only take the money when the goods are shipped)?

I've had a look at them in the past (can't remember what for). They're a legit company that handles secure credit card, etc payments on behalf of online companies. They're very similar to the well-known WorldPay click here I should imagine (& appear to be preferred over the later - in this forum discussion anyway click here!). G

Bald Eagle 22:17 03 Jan 2009

That's the problem, no order confirmation, no emails or anything. I just assume that the site crashed or something so I'm waiting to hear from the vendor. I only asked the question because after years of internet buying I've never heard of them.
BE

Bald Eagle 22:24 03 Jan 2009

By the way thanks for the discussion forum link.
BE

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Sega Mega Drive Mini review: Hands-on

How to Cancel Adobe CC

iOS 13 preview: First look at the new iPhone update

Les meilleurs smartphones Android (2019)