Processor or Graphics Card?

Clueless4 16:15 25 Dec 2014

Hi. Happy Christmas :D

I would be grateful for any help, anyone could offer me, thanks :)

When using Netflix, or BT Sports online streams I am nearly always surfing other websites in a separate window. Which can often bring my PC to a grinding halt, its a 64bit, AMD ATHLON 2 Dual Core M300 - 2GHZ, with 3GB RAM. Running Windows 7.

When watching Netflix I usually open another window, to check emails etc.

I also often follow the football in one window and have a separate window open following the betting markets. Due to frequent problems with the online betting sites I often use a screen recorder called CamStudio to record the betting page as Im placing bets.

I also do a little music writing through the PC and create -very amateur! -music videos, using screen recordings made with CamStudio, which I then edit and merge with other recordings made in the same way. (I know there is professional stuff out there, but its not a serious thing, so I just use this free bit of software I found online).

Im not at all sure if its a processor thats doing most of these types of jobs, or a graphics card, so Im not sure where to put most of my money when buying a new PC ?

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks again :)

Clueless4 16:17 25 Dec 2014

Meant to add that at the moment any HD streams knock my laptop haywire and this is something else I would like to be able to do on my new PC.

Clueless4 16:46 17 Mar 2015

Bump :(

wee eddie 21:08 17 Mar 2015

I wish I could multitask like that!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?