Problems with Tiscali boradband

fmb43 19:30 02 Aug 2003

Is anyone else having problems connecting to Tiscali broadband?
I haven't been able to connect for over a week - and despite about seven calls to the helpdesk and several emails, they seem unable to tell me what the problem is and when it will be resolved. Each time I am told to wait between 24 and 48 hours before trying again.
I have checked everything at this end - even rebuilding the PC and getting a BT engineer to resolve a small problem with a noisy phone line.
I'm feeling frustrated as I am paying for a non-existent service.

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:44 02 Aug 2003

Okay here. I would suspect that it is something to do with your computer. Have you deleted the ADSL modem and re-installed the drivers?

G

fmb43 19:50 02 Aug 2003

I have uninstalled the modem and software and reinstalled it several times, and rebuilt the PC. I have checked all the internet options - the helpdesk have gone through them several times with me - and everything seems to be in order

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:08 02 Aug 2003

Try switching the 'modem to socket' lead for another. I don't think that the problem is with Tiscali though, if you have access to a laptop you could use that to see if the modem is OK. If the laptop works OK then there is a problem with your computer.

G

fmb43 20:23 02 Aug 2003

The modem and connection worked fine for the first month on line - then surprisingly just as my first payment was made it all went pear shaped.
Looking at the Tiscali forums - its seems many people are experiencing the same problems.
But I am frustrated that I am not getting any answers in terms of what the problem is or when it will be resolved.
I constantly get error 721 remote computer did not respond

antoni34 22:45 02 Aug 2003

Mine works perfectly and has done since it was installed (by me)

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:45 02 Aug 2003
  fmb43 19:05 04 Aug 2003

I still have no connection - day 11 without. Rang the helpdesk today (again) and they advised my that it is because my phone line has been enabled for 512mbps or kbps(?) instead of 256.
I can't understand how, if that is the case, I managed to get uninterrupted service for the first month or so!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

Iconic New York graphic designer Milton Glaser on his uplifting new subway posters

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?