Private Hire/Taxi booking Software

[DELETED] 07:24 08 Oct 2003

I have recently started my own company and currently run 2 cars (hope to have around 10 - 20 cars in next 12 months)and I would like to convert my manual paper method of bookings into a computerised method.

Most programs cost around £1000, which is out of my league at the moment.

Anyone know of a cheap or free access/excel program that might be of use in the short term.

Thanks for your help!

[DELETED] 13:13 08 Oct 2003

click here

This seems to be a comprehensive piece of software, and is priced at £299.99. It might provide a total solution for you at a fixed price. They also offer networked versions which will no doubt be needed if your running 20 vehicles.

Stuartli 13:43 08 Oct 2003

At least two of our local taxi services operate fully computerised systems (bookings are sent directly to drivers' individual screens in the vehice), along with a ringback facility.

This will ring your mobile, home or outside phone number just as the taxi is about to reach you - it's a security aspect that's proving very popular.

[DELETED] 14:09 08 Oct 2003

A simple taxi use accounting spreadsheet for next to nothing: click here

A reasonable full system for £300 is at click here

Hope this helps.

Regards

Taran

[DELETED] 18:34 08 Oct 2003

I have looked at several systems and so far i've found them to be either to basics or way over the top for my needs. Looks like I might have to learn more of Access, than I already know, to design my own version. If only there were 25 hours in a day, and 8 days in a week.

tbh72
Sounds a decent program, so going to contact them for a demo if possible.

Taran
Downloading the taxi-pro demo, will let you know what I think later.

[DELETED] 05:22 11 Oct 2003

the systems stuartli mentioned are autocab and auriga but both are mega money!! what exactly are you wanting this system to do? are you staying on voice?

[DELETED] 19:13 11 Oct 2003

Hi bfc_tangerine

I only need a fairly basic system initially, with a booking and despatch screens,basic accounts & driver details etc. In the foreseeable future we intend to remain on voice.

At present each day uses 5 sheets (printed one side only) of A4 paper for our manual system. Obviously I want to keep costs as low as possible, as the licences, vehicle plates, and insurance etc have already cost a small fortune.

Thanks in advance

[DELETED] 21:25 11 Oct 2003

Just had a look at the link from taran, looks ok but very slow input of jobs.

I'll have a look around on Monday and post back soon.

[DELETED] 11:59 12 Oct 2003

Have you tried speaking with telephone system suppliers ?

Many telephone suppliers for small office networks offer caller ID, customer logging and booking software solutions specifically for taxi companies and similar use.

Just a thought.

T

[DELETED] 18:54 16 Oct 2003

Sorry it's taken so long, I found a letter from Cab Master that might interest you so will scan it and email to you.

This is the best I could come up with, hope it's of use!!

[DELETED] 18:56 16 Oct 2003

I've just tried to email you but unfortunately the link doesn't seem to be working. If you can email me, please do then I can reply!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

How to create explosive dance music graphics

When is the best time to buy an iPhone?

Quel antivirus gratuit choisir pour un PC ?