Poor Mesh Support

User-CC0C185F-DFA7-425C-A792BF574B42814D 07:46 22 Jul 2008

I took delivery of a new PC from Mesh a couple of weeks ago.

When it was delivered it did not come with the correct screen or blu-ray drive. After a week of trying to get this resolved they agreed to replace the screen but I still have the incorrect blu-ray drive. I found their customer service fairly poor during this time.

With the new screen I started to load my programs, the first of which was Norton 360. It installed fine but I could not launch the main window from the desktop or program list.

I contacted Norton whose support was excellent. They spent about 2 hours on my PC trying to locate the problem which turned out to be a problem with the Vista installation by Mesh. There was no charge for Norton's support.

I was told to go back to Mesh to resolve the issue. I phoned Mesh on an 0870/1 number and was told I had to ring their software support line which was an 090 number costing £1 per minute. I told them that I was not happy about paying £1 per minute to resolve an issue that should be paid for by Mesh. They completely ignored my comment and refused to ring me back on my number.

Needless to say I went through the routine with them and it did not work. I could not afford to keep on a phone call costing £1 per minute so I was left to my own devices. After about another 4 hours trying to resolve the problem I decided to re-install Vista. The rest of Saturday and Sunday was spent by me trying to re-build the PC. I think I have finally done this but I found the Mesh support decidedly lacking.

I did send off an email to Mesh support when I was experiencing all these problems but I still have not had a response.

So it appears to me that if you have any problem with a new Mesh PC you will have to pay dearly for the problem to be resolved.

spuds 08:42 22 Jul 2008

Have you tried Mesh's own forum or PCA contact person Davey [email protected] for help and assistance?.

spuds 08:45 22 Jul 2008

If you contact Davey, provide your Mesh account and contact details in the email.

MESH Support 12:56 23 Jul 2008

Hi Torchydl,

Can you please send me your MESH Serial order number to the email address provided to you above. In the meantime I will look in to this for you.

FatboySlim71 21:48 25 Jul 2008

Looks like it was worthwhile you posting on here, you have got a reply back off of Mesh anyway.

day2strike 09:49 26 Jul 2008

Years ago mesh support was a local call, but since mesh have go bigger they support side seems to have got worse. And this after mesh promised on bbc watchdog to make their support 100% better.

May be mesh will only learn the hard way when the start loosing customers to their rivals. I've owned 2 mesh pc's, but sadly will not be buying a 3rd. The support sadly it seems may becoming 2nd rate!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 and 32 review – hands-on

When is the next Apple event?

Qu’est-ce qu’Amazon Prime ?