Please Check your Wanadoo Account

Zak 19:34 06 Jul 2004

As Wanadoo have now taken over managing customers account payments from Worldpay:

- they no longer send an email to confirm payment received.

- only send you an email if they are unable to collect payment. This could be because the Credit or Debit Card details are incorrect.

- Customers need to check their account online or by phone.

I am one of the lucky ones who secured the Broadband 512kb uncapped service with Freeserve for £19.99 per month before rebranding to Wanadoo. April 04 and May 04 payments went through at the correct amount.

Yesterday I checked my Wanadoo account and Credit Card account and found that I am being charged at £27.99 per month as of the June 04 payment. Also the expiry date of my Credit Card was shown as 1 month beyond the correct date. This could cause payment problems.

I phoned Wanadoo Customer Service and hopefully have resolved the problem. After my old Freeserve Account records were checked, I was told that the account contract details had been incorrectly transferred to Wanadoo. I have been promised a refund of £8 (this wil take up to 28 days time)and that future payments will be at £19.99 per month.

Also I have had my credit card details corrected.

So please check your accounts.

Zak 17:58 11 Jul 2004

Just checked my Credit Card Account and Wanadoo have refunded the £8 last Thursday.

Full marks to Wanadoo for customer service.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)