Pipex Solo 5 x faster Broadband

georgemac 15:22 11 Jul 2004

I know pipex are a highly rated broadband provider, from users here and on ADSL Guide, for their unlimited 512K unlimited access at £23.44 per month.

Our exchange will be BB enabled in 3 days and as a campaigner I have a website and will be advising others on BB providers.

A lot of people want to replace dial up at about the same cost simply to free up the phone line, and will not use the net that much.

Has anyone subscribed to the pipex solo 250, 5 x faster unlimited service at £17.99 per month? I imagine 5 x faster will also appear very fast when compared to dial up. click here

pcwhizz 17:06 11 Jul 2004

I have Pipex's Solo 500 with unlimited bandwidth. It's excellent.

You cant go rong with their service. I imagine u get round 20 to 25kb/s download speed on a decent server.

Nothin else really.

My line was enabled within 10 days of ordering so no complaints. Also it was avalible at 7am on the day on enabling so i managed to have a good go of it before work.

The Kestrel 17:37 11 Jul 2004

For £2 per month extra, you can have Pipex Solo 500 lite,(512kbs), twice the speed. You have a monthly limit of 1Gb, but unless you download/upload lots of music and/or pictures, it is more than enough for the average brodband user.

gabriella 17:45 11 Jul 2004

I have the Solo 500 unlimited - no problems, fast enough for what we need - quick and easy connection. Only once not able to access internet one Sunday but it turmed out there had been an outage which was the first for years. I say - excellent service and reasonable price.

Gabriella x

gabriella 17:45 11 Jul 2004

I have the Solo 500 unlimited - no problems, fast enough for what we need - quick and easy connection. Only once not able to access internet one Sunday but it turmed out there had been an outage which was the first for years. I say - excellent service and reasonable price.

Gabriella x

georgemac 17:47 11 Jul 2004

yes I saw the 500 solo lite option, like you say ideal for people who are not worried about the 1 gbyte limit.

For myself if I was going for 512K unlimited it would be pipex or freedom to surf at £22.50 per month.

I spend half my time away from home, the kids will use the internet a little bit when I am away, so I was just wondering if 5 times faster unlimited is the thing for me, sa some moths I would imagine I would exceed the 1 gb limit, the other option being the 2 gb wanadoo 51k at £17.99

piker1 21:56 14 Jul 2004

I've used the Solo 500 for over 2 years now, apart from being at the limit of the BT range for ADSL, all I can say it's brilliant - £23.44 per month, always on, no download limit etc etc

anchor 17:38 17 Jul 2004

Like piker1, I have been on Pipex Solo 500 since March 2002; no limits; good speeds; very satisfied.

Sir Radfordin 18:31 17 Jul 2004

Just a brief word of warning. Pipex may be great once you have ADSL but having placed an order on the 21st June 2004 I am still waiting to hear from them what is going on. Not exactly prompt service!

blanco 18:55 17 Jul 2004

Light users might also want to consider metronet which has a very good offer if your download requirements are modest. From memory, I think Michelle and Aardvark switched to this provider and have been very pleased.
No freebies upfront though.

anchor 17:02 18 Jul 2004

Sir Radfordin:

The delay may possibly be due to BT not having enabled your phone line yet. This is, of course, beyond Pipex`s control.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?