A persistent car problem still unfixed

martd7 20:46 04 Oct 2018

Im posting this because i arent sure what my rights are

In June of last year i purchased a 10 plate Vauxhall Car from a Mini Dealership,one of their part ex cars

2 problems i noticed straight off,the air con didnt work,and the heating control which is used to circulate air at your feet,face,windscreen and other positions,was extremely stiff to turn indeed it bounced back from any setting turning it clockwise

I took the car back in August and they regassed the air con and fixed the airflow controller,6months later February this year i was back in for the same thing,no air con and faulty controller,they fixed it again

Back again in May of this year ,they found a hole in the condenser of the Air Con unit and the unit was replaced thus finally fixing the air con, and again the air flow controller was fixed this time with a new part

Now 4 months on the air flow controller isnt working again

They have refused to repair it as my car is now out of warranty,what they have advised is taking the car to a Vauxhall dealership to allow the Air flow controller part to be fixed under the 12 month parts warranty

I am thinking i will have to pay the labour charges for this to be done which i do not feel is right,i will not have to pay for the parts due to still being under warranty

Is this right? to my mind theyve never successfully repaired it to use for any length of time and now the cars out of warranty theyre refusing to cooperate

Brumas 21:28 04 Oct 2018

martd7, a visit to the Citizens Advice Bureau would be your best option old pal, they have the knowledge and wherewithal to apply it.

martd7 22:29 04 Oct 2018

There isn't one near me closed years ago,but I will look see if there's one in a nearby town

Forum Editor 22:55 04 Oct 2018

Moved to Consumer rights advice from Speakers Corner.

martd7 19:29 05 Oct 2018

Update

The cars been in the Vauxhall garage today,the result being the new part fitted in May isn't faulty,but the part fitted in February ,a simple 6" plastic rod had been aligned incorrectly, £216 later I am well annoyed,Vauxhall have advised I go back to the original dealer the car was purchased from as it's their faulty diagnosis and fitting that's the cause of this and try claim the repair money back

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

34 tips for turning your art and graphics into amazing animated GIFs

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs