PC's from ebay????

g40 20:12 18 Apr 2004

I am considering buying a pc from ebay "powersellers" the reviews are good , the money is secure (paypal or cc both secure) but, i might be a mug! What do you think??
Cheers

TheTerminator 20:25 18 Apr 2004

I almost got ripped off by an ebay scam artist, selling a brand new dell laptop for half price... However the chap refused to give me the serial no of the laptop as I was going to check with Dell to ensure that the laptop was not stolen and was legal.
However if you're buying from a person with loads of positive ratings then I would say go for it; you should be safe! Just remember the cost of P and P on top of the cost of the computer if it's being imported from USA/Hong Kong.
Good luck

eccy92 20:30 18 Apr 2004

I have been looking on there to the computers look very good don't they but are they to good to be true I will be interested to see what replys you get. On saying that though I have bought quite a few things from ebay and they have always turned up, quicker than online shops sometimes I suppose there are a few dodgy characters on there but if you read the reviews it gives you some idea what the person is like selling

Totally-braindead 21:13 18 Apr 2004

A friend of mine bought a PC from Ebay for his sister and shes delighted with it, the thing I think is look at the rating of the person you're buying from and be sure what you are buying ie onboard sound, does it come with a full Windows XP disk etc, is it onboard graphics can you upgrade it if it is, that sort of thing.

g40 19:11 19 Apr 2004

Thanks for the views, in case your interested i have put a couple of the pc's that ive looked at below.Thanks again, and any other comments are more than welcome,
G
click here

click here

click here

TomJerry 11:38 20 Apr 2004

compare price with novatech click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Turn a photo into 16-bit pixel art

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?