PC Wireless Connection to HiFi for Online Music

  Jon T 10:34 17 Feb 2006

My first posting on a pc forum - so here goes!

I have a relatively basic but new pc upstairs with broadband. Downstairs I have my hifi (amp/cd etc). I'd love to be able to listen to online radio in my living room through my hifi. Is there anything I can buy that would plug into my pc (USB?Speaker Jack?) and then transmit a signal down to something plugged into one of my hifi inputs? The only things I've seen advertised seem to only work over very short distances or say they don't work well through walls. Don't mind if not amazing quality as long as no major interference and dont mind spending around £100 on some gadget. Does anyone have any suggestions of products I could buy - if so please be as specific as possible as I'm not that knowlegable about hardware! Thanks.

  Rigga 12:39 17 Feb 2006

> click here <

I'm sure there are more, if you do some Googling.


  Jon T 13:54 17 Feb 2006

Thanks very much - that seems like exactly what I was looking for as can just plug and go. Wondering if anyone reading this has feedback on using this or anything very similar.

  Jon T 10:46 06 Mar 2006

For the benefit of anyone else looking for this type of item. I bought one of the Logitec systems suggested by Rigga from Amazon (£70) and am very pleased with it. You do just plug it in and go and reception has been great. Easy and does just want I wanted! Only minor criticism is that to switch back and forth between hifi output and pc output you have to open the software and then switch the default output option and then restart your media player software - a minor fiddle but hardly a huge issue. A fairly realistic review of this item here -

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HTC U12 Plus review: Hands-on

See how VFX studio Rise created 'Jabariland', holograms & digital doubles in Marvel Studios' Black…

Best Android emulators for Mac

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?