PC Tools free Anti Virus

JYPX 00:02 23 Mar 2007

This one is new to me. PC Tools produce both Spyware Doctor and Registry Mechanic so this might be worth looking at if you fancy a change!
click here

Les T 00:36 23 Mar 2007

Thanks for that, i'll bookmark it.

flyboy 20:51 26 Mar 2007

JYPX
Thanks, Downloaded for trial.

Probabilitydrive 21:23 26 Mar 2007

A word of caution. users of PC tools SD version 5 are having considerable problems with this updated version.click here
I upgraded from version 4 to 5 and it nearly wrecked my system.

Regarding SD 5 and Anti Virus:I cant avoid thinking that PC Tools anti virus feature is some kind of afterthought which-judging version 5-does not instill confidence.

JYPX 01:11 27 Mar 2007

Probabilitydrive - I was not aware of the
problem with Spyware Doctor 5 so your comment
is welcome. Having used Spyware Doctor 4 and many versions of Registry Mechanic I have a lot of
faith in this lot so I very much hope this is a
"blip".

Britmex 07:41 27 Mar 2007

Having problems since my update to Version 5.Abnormal disconnects, computer hanging.Never 1 problem with version 4.My computer is AMD 4400 with 2 gig ram so should be up to it.Am going to reinstall version 4.

p;3 10:23 27 Mar 2007

those of you who are trying this one out,what is it like?

Belatucadrus 13:04 27 Mar 2007

Huge RAM requirements, makes Norton look lean and racy. Also locks up browsers at inconvenient moments.
click here
I have posted a link to it on my website, but it's such a clunker next update I'm removing it.

iscanut 13:27 27 Mar 2007

Sorry to hijack thread, but in view of above comments, I too have had problems with SD ver 5 and have uninstalled it and use another product. If you look at the link to the PCTools forum as shown by Probabilitydrive, I have had same problems when closing down SD screen. Their Help Desk Tech Support was no help !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

How to use 3D Touch on iPhone

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?