Pay Pal

laurie53 08:56 16 Dec 2007

Last evening I received an e-mail from PayPal acknowledging my new address, shortly followed by a receipt for £100+ for an MP3 player and a shipping order.

I e-mailed PayPal and was immediately called back by landline, and also received some confirmatory e-mails.

No signs of any activity on my bank account as yet.

From first email to last was less than a couple of hours.

Just a bit of reassurance for those who are worried about the horror stories.

Technotiger 09:36 16 Dec 2007

Hmmm, I was recently involved in my own horror story, so much so, that I have cancelled all dealings with PayPal and eBay and will never again attempt to use either of them. My little saga lasted over a year!

Merry Christmas!

dms05 16:28 16 Dec 2007

The problems I had with a fraudulant seller on eBay were dealt with swiftly by PayPal and I recovered fully the money involved. However in your case it's a straight forward transaction error. If you didn't order the mp3 palyer you won't have to pay. Just to be on the safe side I always use a Credit Card rather than my Bank Account as the card supplier has a legal obligation to make right any problems. Most Credit Card suppliers now openly advertise their commitment to refunding for any on-line problems. They are liable wether they openly state so or don't.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)