Panasonic Plasma Screens

anchor 15:38 19 May 2010

There seems to be quite a lot of adverse comment on the AV forums about Panasonic Plasma screens, claiming that they loose their black levels after a relatively short time: (1000hrs has been mentioned).

click here

This has resulted in a class action lawsuit against Panasonic in the USA.

click here

Arnie 17:18 19 May 2010

All the more reason to stick with LCD screens.

They satisfy most people's needs, they are cheaper and possibly more reliable.

BJN 17:48 19 May 2010

Strange that the reports are from the USA and seem to be old postings are they exactly the same models on sale in UK with same software. I've a 6 year old Panasonic Plasma now relegated to the conservatory black levels still ok. the second a G15 model with freesat and freeveiw has no problems with black levels with well over 1000hrs of viewing.

You can get a small number of rough TV's from any manufacture,the level of complaints are proportional to the number sold and Panasonic Plasma big sellers.

Often people start thinking they have a problem because they have read somewhere that it may exist. I bet most of these people would not be complaining if it was not suggested there maybe a problem.

Plasma is best for fast action viewing, LCD can have some blurring.Football on a HD on plasma is great.

I'd not let this review put you off a Panasonic Plasma. We'd never buy anything if we read all reviews that where online about the item.

anchor 09:03 21 May 2010

BJN:

Thanks for your comments. I thought long and hard, read more reviews, and yesterday took the plunge.

I ordered a new 42" Panasonic plasma with freeview HD; it is being delivered next week from John Lewis.

BJN 17:23 21 May 2010

anchor

Pleased I could have been some help.

See you've gone for the belt and braces option with John Lewis,5 year warranty and a reputable company who value customers if they ever have a problem

Many happy viewing

BJN

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?