NTL "Go Faster"

pj123 15:34 16 Jan 2005

I am currently on NTL BB via a set top box at 750k

Logging on to the NTL site I see it says "go faster" with an option to either "upgrade your cable modem" or "upgrade your set-top box".

I click on set top box and what do I get?

"Online upgrade is not currently available for customers with a set-top box."

So what is the point of offering the option on their website if it is not available?

accord 19:18 17 Jan 2005

just phoned NTL and was advised that the speed increase will take place Q1 of 2005. No precise date as yet but should expect something through the post or email when it becomes available.

From the changes I will be able to save myself £8 per month by going for the 1meg service instead of upgrading from 750k to 2meg.

JYPX 22:50 17 Jan 2005

I agree that the download limits will need some careful thought but at these prices it all looks very tempting. BTW I am not sure that the current services are unlimited. There was a lot of discussion about this on the nthell website and some people reckoned they had had a letter/email from NTL after exceeding 1 gig in a 24 hour period for several days running.

carolyne 00:43 18 Jan 2005

JYPX is correct
there is a 1gb a day limit on NTL that was introduced early 2003. people who exceed this limit over a 3 day period will be informed by ntl, so lets see.. 1gb a day on 750=30gb a month, so the new 2gb package at the same price really is tempting, but nope ivs heard nothing from ntl yet myself, just a case of waiting.

Sibbo 10:17 18 Jan 2005

I've also contacted NTL about this free upgrade via e-mail and they have said that it will happen by spring 2005. I've also read elsewhere that this upgrade will only be free for new cstomers. Current NTL customers will have to pay a one off £25 admin fee.

pj123 10:26 18 Jan 2005

Thanks for all the comments/info Guys and Gals.

Will wait and see how it pans out when it becomes available.

I have never had any correspondence from NTL advising me that I am exceeding my limit so I guess 30gb would be ample for me.

Will tick as resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Indie publisher Canongate’s top 10 book covers of 2017

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Tablettes Amazon Fire : quel modèle choisir ?