not sure which of these 3 to purchase

linda88 19:41 29 Dec 2015

I am trying to figure out what computer or tablet to buy for my son. He is disabled and in a wheelchair and likes to watch youtube videos. Also he can bat at the screen to "play" apps for babies...the kind where you touch the screen and fireworks go off or something else colorful and musical. He is visually impaired so I want something larger than the usual tablet. I have it narrowed down to 3, but I really need someone who is tech savvy to point me in the right direction. It would be mounted in one of those wheelchair computer/tablet mounts.

here are the 3:

click here you for any guidance you can give me.

Linda

and

href

and

Thank

linda88 20:02 29 Dec 2015

Ok so the links I enclosed didn't show up. The 3 I'm looking at are the Asus Flip 2-in-1 15.6" Touchscreen laptop - intel core i3 - 6 GB memory - 500 GB harddrive OR the Samsung Galaxy View 18" OR the HP Slate 17 All-in-one Android 4.4.2 Kit kat

linda88 05:33 30 Dec 2015

Ok, I had to rule out the Asus flip 2-in-1 because of the twisted nematic display (my son is nonverbal and can't communicate and wouldn't be able to indicate that he can't see the picture...from what I understand, the twisted nematic display is one of those kind that if you're not looking at it in just the right way, you can't see the picture? Please correct me if I'm wrong.)

So I'm now between the Samsung Galaxy View 18.4" versus the HP Slate 17-1020. Any thoughts? The Samsung is more expensive than the HP.

He would be using it to watch videos and to play simple touch-the-screen games (where you touch the screen and a firework display goes off and music plays).

Thank you

linda88 05:52 30 Dec 2015

Here is a comparison chart:

click here

[DELETED] 22:23 30 Dec 2015

Here goes my penny's worth. The Samsung has the ability for 3G so you can connect to a mobile provider so that if you go out and about you can still get an internet connection if you get a contract with a mobile company.. The HP is just a tablet connecting to Wi-Fi only. HP wins a bit on the display and usually have a good audio out-put. Celeron (Intel) v ARM ... I think both are so-so CPU's for tablets but as HP uses KitKat rather than Lollipop it may run faster. The HP is lighter and slightly thicker in dimension. Sometimes not a bad thing for gripping.

On the Samsung you can expand the storage to 128 GB but only to 32 GB on the HP. Camera and video better on the Samsung. HP has a mini (I assume) USB 2 port, the Samsung hasn't. Not much between them with battery life.

Depending on how you'll want the tablet used then it's up to you really. I have no idea on the differences in price. Best of luck in your choice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi Mix 3 UK Review: Xiaomi's Flagship Slides Into The UK

2019's best up-and-coming illustrators

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comment utiliser une manette PS4 ou Xbox One sur votre Mac ?