Not always bad service from all sellers!

spuds 12:03 27 Oct 2014
Answered

People often complaint about poor services and support, and I would admit I am no exception, and perhaps rightly so in most cases.

But the other day there was a question of the forum that led to further things, including me making a number of purchases from the company in question. Not only did I get an instant download links and code keys to the products that I had purchased, but I also requested a custom built dvd/cd of the full set of items in question.

Today, about seven days since purchase (no post Sunday), I received the custom built dvd/cd produced and dispatched from Germany. To me, you cannot ask better than that. Not only do I have access to the downloads, but also the dvd/cd should anything go wrong.

Name of the company Ashampoo/Cleverbridge, who I have had previous free product downloads in the past. Which I have found very good to use.

Link to other PCA forum question click here

rdave13 18:27 27 Oct 2014

I've used Ashampoo's Burning Studios for years and usually get the latest version cheaper. OK. you'll get a few emails for newer products now and again but I wouldn't class as spam as you can unsubscribe if you wish. One of the better companies in my humble opinion. Just to be clear Ashampoo is a client of cleverbridge which is an E-commerce company. In this link there is an interesting case study of how they worked with Malwarebytes. It's a PDF file.

BT 11:03 28 Oct 2014

Serif also give you an instant access to a download of any software you purchase, and the DVD arrives in the post a few days later.

spuds 11:26 04 Nov 2014

I am now wondering if my praise was a little premature.

The custom built dvd/cd will not download onto two computer's that I have tried it on. Apparently the Avast anti-virus program on both computer's are blocking the download, due to a virus being suspected on the disc.

Been in touch with Cleverbridge who have referred me back to Ashampoo. Awaiting their response using the Ashampoo priority support I subscribed to.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Home Hub review

50 Cent is Iron Man in these comic book cover reissues of hip hop classics

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Mac : comment forcer la fermeture d’une application ?