No envelope printing tests in mono laser reviews

B4 18:22 16 Apr 2005

My previous Brother Hl730 plus printer had a very nice straight paper path and no paper or envelope problems. But when it came to paying £105 for a new drum I though I would spend a bit more (£180 or so)and go for a later printer.

What a mistake. Nothing but trouble in printing envelopes. Those it printed were creased. And often I was faced with unjamming it. After I went on the web and typed the printer name and 'envelope jamming' I soon discovered it was a well known fault.

Full marks to PC World. I went back and they swopped it for a £90 HP one that has printed every envelope I have thrown at it. (I have no connection with the companies).

So where are the envelope prining tests in printer reviews?

Alan2 17:16 20 Apr 2005

Bumped back to top to see if the esteemed Forum Editor deigns to respond.

wiz-king 20:58 20 Apr 2005

We had so much trouble printing envelopes with some of our ink-jet printers we stopped useing them and bought Dymo label printers, haveing now printed about 600,000 on three printers I think it was well worth the cost. I have done some envelopes on my Brother HL 1030 at home and I think I prefer the Dymo method.

B4 13:41 21 Apr 2005

600,000 envelopes is commercial printing. Not too surprising you find labels are convenient.

Different story when you want to send off the odd one or two letters or birthday card.

I speed things up using drag and drop of address files that are already in laser code, on to a print icon utility. Pop an envelope into the printer and very quickly I have it addressed. If the printer is reliable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Turn a photo into 16-bit pixel art

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?