Newnet broadband.

The Kestrel 19:27 12 Jul 2008

Having finally got fed up with Pipex/Tiscali - Ive suffered regular loss of synchronization, which they refuse to investigate, and now they have suddenly throttled my 2Mb connection by half to 1Mb. I live in Hampshire and having done some research, I'm beginning to favour Newnet as my new ISP. Is there a forum member, especially one in Hampshire, who uses Newnet and could give me some feedback on their performance as an ISP?

GaT7 00:48 15 Jul 2008

Newnet isn't bad from one of the review sites click here.

Can you get O2 click here? I can thoroughly recommend them. G

The Kestrel 16:45 16 Jul 2008

Crossbow7, thanks for the link. I had already done the same thing from Thinkbraodband, with similar reviews. I was hoping that there might be some forum members who used Newnet as their ISP and could give me some feedback.

RobCharles1981 18:41 16 Jul 2008

As Crossbow says

About 02 I know they are rated very good on dslzoneuk

What does Samknows say you can get at your exchange?

click here

If you can't get LLU have you considered an Enta Reseller such as ADSL24, Titan or Falconnet??

amonra 19:35 16 Jul 2008

I've been with Newnet for about 12 months now and cant complain. I get the occasional outage but not for long, only while someone does some switching ? I have use their helpline twice, and on both occasions found them very helpful and knowlegeable, and more important, speaking English !!!

The Kestrel 08:24 17 Jul 2008

RobTheOrganGuru, yes I am on a LLU exchange and Newnet say I can receive their up to 24Mb service. I'm a long distance from the local exchange, but Newnet's test showed a capability of around 2.5Mb, which I would be quite happy with.

Amnora, thanks for you conribution. I'm particularly interested in customer support as Pipex have been dismal.

amonra 17:42 17 Jul 2008

It makes no difference what ISP you choose, the max speed you will get is determined by the distance you are from the exchange. I am about 2 miles out and an quite happy with nearly constant 3meg. You sound as though you have the same sort of conditions as me, good luck !

RobCharles1981 20:50 17 Jul 2008

Kestrel

Falconnet offer a very pleasing customer support and aftercare I'm very impressed with them and a big difference to my predecessor AOL.

oldbeefer2 10:12 18 Jul 2008

I use a small ISP, Vispa - based in Cheshire. On the odd occasion where I've had a prob, the (local call rate) phone has been answered by an engineer in seconds and the prob solved. £18 a month, but a 2GB download limit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?