A new speed record?

Chas49 12:27 04 Mar 2009

I ordered a spindle of printable DVD-R disks from Novatech at 4pm Tuesday afternoon - they were delivered at 10am the following morning.

That is what I call service!!

I have also received good service from Dabs, 7 day Shop, QVC - what a pleasure it is to have a good word to say about dealers on the Internet. Perhaps I'm lucky but I'd say that this is just a case of good organisation and dedication to the provision of a good reliable service.

Fir instance, delivery was made to the door by a person who, along with her husband, are self employed under contract to Parcelforce. He picks up the parcels from Shrewsbury at 5.30 each morning, returns home - gives the smaller parcels to his wife to deliver by car whilst he carries on with the larger, heavier parcels. A great working arrangement. Very satisfactory and, as I said, makes a welcome change from the 'horror' stories you hear and read.

So - my congratulations to these Dealers and Carriers for an excellent service - and keep up the good work - it's appreciated.

Anyone else had the same level of service?

user8 12:41 04 Mar 2009

Yep, Novatech are good.

Also found Maplins to offer speedy service.
Ordered at 6pm & delivered at 10am next morning.

Chas49 12:47 04 Mar 2009

Thanks User8 - another dealer to add to my user list should I have difficuly in getting what I want from those listed.

spuds 15:20 04 Mar 2009

How about adding Ebuyer to your list. I use them on a regular basis. I have placed orders at 7.30pm and had them delivered by 9.30am the next day, and that was via free delivery arrangement.

Chas49 16:23 04 Mar 2009

Noted Spuds, thanks.

curofone 17:53 04 Mar 2009

have to agree with spuds about ebuyer, i ordered an external dvd writer at about 21:55 and had it delivered at just after 8am the next day

Chas49 18:04 04 Mar 2009

curofone: Wow! and I thought my parcel had arrived quickly 8-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

How to use 3D Touch on iPhone

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?