The New Lidl Pc

Hamish 19:50 11 Nov 2003

Has anyone seen the advert for the Targa Visionary XP 3000+ due to be sold by the firm Lidl ( mainly base in Scotland & north of England}. It is a base only but the specs sound very good. Any opinions please as I am planning to upgrade

spuds 20:33 11 Nov 2003

Just done a Google click here search 'Targa Visionary XP 3000+'. Quite a lot of German information came up. So I went to page two,first and second item of page for click here. clicked on translate page, and a good piece of info turned up. Don't know if that is what you are seeking.

spuds 20:37 11 Nov 2003

Suggest you do not use the second link for www .ciao .com ,but go to this page via google link.

BackSlash 21:51 11 Nov 2003

I'm not sure what the others on this board feel about them, but I reccommend Time. They're way ahead of PC World for specs, simply because they use Athlon processors instead of Pentiums etc. Compare Lidl's spec to theirs - click here

Also, I have a friend in IT who claims PC World's CyberMaxx Pc range are great value for money if you want a P4 (3.06GHz with all the extras for about a grand)

GANDALF <|:-)> 00:03 12 Nov 2003

CyberMaxx = Medion.

G

Stuartli 09:06 12 Nov 2003

Time may appear on the surface to be good value for money.....:-)

The CyberMaxx range is, if I remember correctly, another brand name for Medion products (in turn mostly rebranded) - certainly the specs are very similar, but Aldi normally charges less for Medion versions.

Al94 10:22 12 Nov 2003

at the risk of sounding negative, if you buy from Aldi or Lidl, what happens if you have a problem with the kit?

TBH1 10:41 12 Nov 2003

Al94 - -if you have a problem with a PC bought from Aldi, you get support from Medion- - - and I have heard no bad things about Medion PC support

Stuartli 11:18 12 Nov 2003

There have been one or two negative reports about Lidl, but never about Aldi.

BackSlash 13:11 12 Nov 2003

Stuartli - What do you mean about Time? Have yo heard of any problems with their machines?

Stuartli 13:46 12 Nov 2003

Time (a search in these forums will help you) doesn't always use the latest and greatest components etc - it keeps prices down by various methods.

For a basic machine it's OK - in fact my first system was a £1,300 Pentium 100 based Time back in 1996 - but you can do very much better for very, very little more.

Remember, if you want to pay the same price or less for a system than elsewhere that also includes cameras, scanners, printers etc something, somewhere has to suffer.

It's better to acquire a high quality system and buy scanners, printers etc separately - prices are very reasonable these days for such items.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

25 book design and illustration tips

iMac Pro review

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts