New Computer

LinkMan 22:51 20 Nov 2004

Help! I am looking for a new PC within my £1200 price bracket. I liked the mesh a lot but i have a problem. I am a member of Dixons Group Plc which includes PC World and Dixons and would therefore mean that i am eligible for staff discounts. I am not sure what to do. Can anyone recommend what to do and what computer to buy?

LinkMan 23:01 20 Nov 2004

I am looking for a computer able to play half life 2. I also want to be able to watch digital TV and record. This means a large Hard Drive. hirdly, I would like to be able to burn to both DVDs (all formats or as many as possible) and CDs as well. I would like to have surround sound so that i am able to watch films and play games with a wicked sound system hence the need for a wicked sound card. Finally, a cordless keyboard and TFT screen. ANY help would be much appreciated. Thankyou.

Forum Editor 23:03 20 Nov 2004

that you are in the ideal situation - you can get a staff discount on a whole range of big-name branded computers, and you have a very comnfortable budget. You could probably afford almost any computer that your company sells - with the exception of the higher spec Apple G4s.

Take a look at the Advent 3519 for instance - a superb machine. Dixons Product Code - 023187

citadel 23:23 20 Nov 2004

When I have looked around pc world, dixons, I have noticed none of the computers have decent graphics cards. If you want to play modern games with good detail you need a machine with 1024 of ram and a gforce 6800 or 6800gt or eq. plus a 3g processor.

HXP 19:58 21 Nov 2004

What puts me buying from the high street is the low spec graphics cards in all the machines - the previous poster is right - try Evesham / Carrera

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough, a non-profit against sexual misconduct

What to ask Siri on the HomePod

Meilleurs VPN (2018)