Netgear:- A Little Praise

AndySD 11:34 27 Nov 2003

On Monday night my home network collapsed. After a through check on Tuesday morning I decided it was my 13 month old Netgear router. I phoned Netgear support and they sugested updating the Router Software. This I did... but the problem still remained. A second call to Netgear and 15 mins checking the network with the tech support and they said... "its the router, we will send you a replacement, when it arrives post the old one back to us." Well the new one arrived today (Thursday) and alls now well.

Fast, quick and friendly the sort of company I can recomend.

ajm 11:56 27 Nov 2003

I was in a similar situation when my few months old Netgear DG814 broke down. A call to their 24hr support on a Saturday night took about 20mins to verify that the Router was faulty. Come monday morning, new router in the post. Well done Netgear

Hoseman 13:30 27 Nov 2003

Its refreshing to hear these sorts of stories.

JIM 13:52 27 Nov 2003

Hoseman all the way.Netgear you say! so bookmark
i will do.

byfordr 18:23 27 Nov 2003

Can't argue with using a netgear 824m had no problems yet, but have heard from other people that the service is exemplary

spuds 19:55 27 Nov 2003

A couple of other postings, have given the same Netgear response to their problems.Why cannot all companies treat their customers in the same way. In the long-term it can only improve their business success, for the future.

Al94 21:31 27 Nov 2003

Netgear products rock!!

apu10 22:17 27 Nov 2003

yep got my own network at home and works great and its all powered by Netgear !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

25 book design and illustration tips

iMac Pro review

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts