Nectar points anyone?

Bald Eagle 09:23 24 Feb 2011

I'm with BG for gas & electric and have been offered a chance of accruing Nectar points for various things I've agreed to, ie paperless billing, read the meter myself etc.

However, I see that I get a WHOPPING 1800 points a year which for example I can spend at Argos for £7.50! Is it worth the hassle?

I see I have to wait up to 2 weeks for a welcome pack from Nectar and I have to fill in a form and return it to them. YAWN!!!!

BE

Bald Eagle 09:58 24 Feb 2011

The hassle is that I now have to fill in a form for Nectar and for only £7.50 a year from BG. My wife was talked into one at Selby HomeBase and it only works there, presented it at Selby Sainsbury's and it won't work. As I said YAWN!!!

Terry Brown 10:01 24 Feb 2011

I bet you never enter competitions or raffles either- too much hassle.

Terry

Ford Prefect 01 10:22 24 Feb 2011

Register your wife's nectar card with BG.

Ford Prefect 01 10:24 24 Feb 2011

Sorry posted before I finished.

If you register it with BG then it will probably work at the other outlets.

spuds 11:20 24 Feb 2011

I find that my Nectar card works in all Nectar card outlets, and as never been refused yet. The only problem is on occasions, I forget to hand the card to the checkouts.

My last years Nectar points managed to get me some very nice goodies from Argos, a bonus in itself I suppose?.

Its surprising how all these Tesco, John Lewis, Nectar cards etc can provide a nice little earner the end of the year, and in my case it isn't just £7.50.

tullie 11:43 24 Feb 2011

You dont need to fill out any forms to send off,do it online,your Nectar card is valid for all participating outlets.It will take you all of two minutes to register.Its not a hassle.

tullie 13:58 24 Feb 2011

I only have one card.

Bald Eagle 09:57 25 Feb 2011

I also thought like you Covergirl reference the amount of points you need to accumulate. It was on the Nectar site that I was told I had to fill in hard copy and post it back.

Enter competitions? I do and once won £10,000 on GMTV!

BE

Ford Prefect 01 20:23 08 May 2011

You, were the viewer!!

BT 08:32 09 May 2011

Its always worth saving them. I accumulated £150 worth just shopping in Sainsburys over a few years. Don't use Sainsburys much now since moving house as Tescos is closer, but I still use the Nectar site to get points from Amazon, Ebuyer etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

EE 5G review: How fast is 5G in the UK?

Chiara Luber brings vintage postcards to life in her summery ode to Hepburn and romance

Powerbeats Pro review

Xiaomi Mi Smart Band 4 : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique