myDV

cherri 22:39 22 Dec 2005

Hi, my name is CharlotteI am a 19 year old student, I saved for months to buy my boyfriend the perfect gift, this perfect gift being a mini ipod. To add to the drama my little brother got mugged a few weeks ago and his ipod mini was stolen, I recommended that my dad bought him one from myDV also. The only reason I used myDV is because the ipod mini has been discontinued and the apple store do not sell them anymore. It is two days before Christmas and I have no way of reordering my gifts. I feel so ashamed and disappointed. I have never been ripped off before and I would not have noticed, so early on if it wasn’t for the lack of replies from my e-mails and that fact that the phone number they gave is an American voice mail.

DO NOT USE MYDV!!!
I AM NOT ALONE WITH MY COMPLAINTS!!!
STAY AWAY FROM MYDV!!!

cherri 11:58 30 Jan 2006

I am really sorry for your ordeal, I am afraid I do not have what you are asking for. Could you not talk to your credit card company again and explain to them that this has been a very big issue for many people. My bank automatically know what company I was talking about and acted immediately.

cherri 12:00 30 Jan 2006

I am really sorry for your ordeal, I am afraid I do not have what you are asking for. Could you not talk to your credit card company again and explain to them that this has been a very big issue for many people. My bank automatically know what company I was talking about and acted immediately.

carless 08:28 31 Jan 2006

Just checked my credit card account and the money has been put back into my account the full amount so at last. !!!!!it has taught me a lesson to check before buying from a company i dont know ,

spuds 09:16 31 Jan 2006

There's an interesting article in Computer Active issue 207 (19thJan/1stFeb 2006), in page 12 'Get Some Answers'.

Apparently the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) may now be showing an interest in Mydv, previously they were not very interested in activating an investigation on this company.

Also the Massachusetts District Attorney, Tom Reilly as expressed great concern, and he is prepared to follow up complaints from the UK public. Mydv now appear to not respond to communications.

mydv victim 17:39 14 Feb 2006

Has anyone yet been able to provide trendly with the information they needed? I too was sent a Japanese model.Even though I have an email from MYDV making arrangements for DHL to collect this from me,my credit card company say I need proof that my PSP was a Japanese version,before they will issue me with a refund !This was my son's birthday money,so my blood is really boiling.We have no PSP and lost £173.I hear that many credit card companies are refunding people.Has anyone been refunded because they received a japanese model? The Royal Bank of Scotland are being very unhelpful.
Is there anyone out there that can help us PLEASE!!

cherri 15:22 15 Feb 2006

I am really sorry for your experience and im afraid the only advice I can give is to keep trying. If you have no proof that the PSP was in fact Japanese it may be difficult. Keep trying and hopefully you can get through to a nice understanding person, someone who understands the situation and knows about all the problems with myDV.

lizard27 13:54 01 Mar 2006

I too ordered an I Pod Nano from mydv.co.uk, the site is english and advertises in GBP - just to silence wee eddies 'you should have known it would be in dollars' attitude.

To add insult to injury, they overcharged me!

Never received anything, or a refund.

Luckily, because I had paid with a debit card rather than a credit card - these scams fall under debit card fraud regulations and I have just received a full refund from Barclays.

I also filed a complaint with the Attorney General. Tom Reilly and received a reply from his aoffice yesterday.

trendly 09:22 09 Mar 2006

Hi all,

I posted my query on another forum and a kind bloke sent me the web pages I needed to prove my PSP was a Japaenese one.

My Credit card company finally refunded the money to my account.

So "MyDV Victim" if you have a fax number or email address I can send this pages to then you should be able to use them as proof that the PSP is not japanese. Doesn't look like I can attach them here.

mydv victim 10:56 16 May 2006

AT LAST!
My credit card have finally agreed to refund my money for the Japanese PSP,thanks to TRENDLY's help.If anyone in the future needs to prove that the spec was not as advertised by this company,I will send them details.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

Iconic New York graphic designer Milton Glaser on his uplifting new subway posters

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?