Hot Topics

My new TV has a sloping screen

Graham. 20:32 11 Aug 2009

I bought a new TV from Comet click here. When I set it up, it was apparent the screen was tilting forward at the top click here

I returned to Comet to check their display set - it was the same.

I wrote to LG, their reply received this morning:
"This is a design feature and not actually a fault with your product, the tilting should not however be overly excessive".

So LG have designed a TV with a tilting screen? It isn't mentioned in the description. "Unique tilting screen, the world's first"

I don't think LG knew until someone went to look. I've been offered a refund, but I'd much rather have a re-engineered spacer that connects the TV to the stand.

Graham. 12:44 12 Aug 2009

Maybe, but why not make it a selling point? I think it's a manufacturing mistake rather than a design feature. I also think they did not know about it until they read my letter.

Bailey08787 13:58 12 Aug 2009

look on the positive side - you'd have an edge on skiing games

Stuartli 13:59 12 Aug 2009

It doesn't actually make sense because you might be sitting closer or further away or the screen itself might be tilted at a different angle using the stand's pillar mechanism.

I was always advised that it best to watch TV or view a monitor looking slightly downwards at the screen...:-)

Graham. 16:16 12 Aug 2009

I've just checked, from my seat 6 feet away, the screen is at right-angle to my waist.

BT 16:56 12 Aug 2009

"I was always advised that it best to watch TV or view a monitor looking slightly downwards at the screen...:-)"

Just what I was always told. 'Top of monitor at eye level'

Graham. 17:05 12 Aug 2009

The top of the TV is at eye level. Trouble is, it's pointing downwards.

Stuartli 17:34 12 Aug 2009

Does the stand not have a pillar tilt facility?

It can't be pointing downwards more than a small amount judging by the upright edge of the TV against that of the window frame.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What’s the difference between VPN and Antivirus and do you need both?

These are the best album covers of 2019

How to pick the best iPhone insurance

Les bons plans gadgets high tech (2020)