Hot Topics

My new TV has a sloping screen

Graham. 20:32 11 Aug 2009

I bought a new TV from Comet click here. When I set it up, it was apparent the screen was tilting forward at the top click here

I returned to Comet to check their display set - it was the same.

I wrote to LG, their reply received this morning:
"This is a design feature and not actually a fault with your product, the tilting should not however be overly excessive".

So LG have designed a TV with a tilting screen? It isn't mentioned in the description. "Unique tilting screen, the world's first"

I don't think LG knew until someone went to look. I've been offered a refund, but I'd much rather have a re-engineered spacer that connects the TV to the stand.

Bald Eagle 20:42 11 Aug 2009

Not at home at the moment so cannot check the make but my flat screeen 32"? TV does the same!
BE

Al94 21:46 11 Aug 2009

My Panasonic, Samsung and Cello are all upright, is it adjustable?

Graham. 22:05 11 Aug 2009

That's a camera effect.

Al94, nope.

Quiet Life 22:28 11 Aug 2009

My LG 42i.tilts a few degrees but never noticed it till I looked today. I cannot see that it matters.

Stuartli 22:54 11 Aug 2009

If it tilted backwards, judging by the stand's support pillar, it might be more prone to tipping/being knocked over.

BRYNIT 00:27 12 Aug 2009

Thinking back I believe you found this TV more suitable in your conservatory in sunny weather. I could be wrong but if The TV was in a more upright position instead of tilting forward you may have the same problem as you first TV.

laurie53 07:20 12 Aug 2009

"left side looks like its tiling forward and the near side as though it is tilting back,"

Tilted screen is one thing, but a twisted screen is something else again.

Cool!

Stuartli 08:18 12 Aug 2009

Just might be camera lens barrel and/or pincushion distortion...

wee eddie 11:06 12 Aug 2009

The angle is set so that, when sitting in the most ergonomically suitable position, the Screen is a right angles to your line of sight.

Quiet Life 12:34 12 Aug 2009

wee eddie
Makes sense.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Pixel 4a review

Gal Yosef's pop art toons are gunning for Disney

iPhone 12 to launch in two phases; delay for large and small models

App Store : comment obtenir un remboursement ?