Much Help Needed, Buying new PC

nate27 14:47 06 Dec 2006

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to get hold of a new base unit before christmas, I've searched and searched but I am having difficulty finding anything that fits. I will be using the computer for video editing, So it needs to be very performance intensive, My price bracket is £400-650, and maybe abit more if the spec is right.

The spec I've been looking at is something like this:

Large RAM (2gb ddrII 667)
Large HDD (320gb) sata II
Good graphics card with dual monitor support (512mb)
18x DVDRW & 16x DVDROM
Stylish Case with extra cooling fans, over 450w psu
Good quality on-board sound.
Plenty of USB ports
Fast LAN 10/100/1000
good Motherboard for expansion. ie: pci/pci x16 Sata II

Has anyone any ideas where I could find something like this to fit in with my price range, and recieve it before christmas? I've been looking at pcoption and powerc, Any suggestions?.

Many Thanks

stylehurst 16:54 06 Dec 2006

have a look at Novatech

The Brigadier 17:05 06 Dec 2006

Try click here which will take you to the full range of base units novatech do & their customer service & support is first rate.

grumpygramp 18:20 06 Dec 2006

Again I also would recommend novatech a chat with them on the phone and they will tell you what they recommend .When I phoned them there was no pressure to buy an expensive model that I did not need but an honest assessment .I am well pleased with what I bought from them . their technical support is also good.

nate27 00:26 07 Dec 2006

Thanks everyone for your help,

I'll check out Novatech,

Do they allow you to customise their computers or build your own custom pcs? I couldn't find any custom options last time I looked.

Many Thanks

jamyjamy 01:30 07 Dec 2006

try here click here - they allow to build own pc

pc613 08:03 07 Dec 2006

Try here click here order before 19/12 for delivery for xmas

grumpygramp 12:26 07 Dec 2006

Novatech clearly state in their T & C`s that you do NOT invalidate the Warrantee by adding to their PC in the warrantee period .However if you mess it up it`s down to you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

HomePod review

Streaming : Netflix ou Amazon Prime Video ?