MSI Wind 130 with new N450 + Win7 at < £200

Batch 19:01 18 Feb 2010

Is it me or is this really a very very good price?

Have just seen MSI Wind U130 Netbook with new N450 1.66Ghz processor and Windows 7 Starter at under £200 at Argos - see: click here

It seems a v. good price to me, esp with Win7.

Key other parts of spec:

1GB Ram
1.3megapixel webcam
Wireless b/g/n

Forum Editor 22:54 18 Feb 2010

and at that price I think it's a bit of a bargain.

Batch 08:16 19 Feb 2010

I just stumbled on this deal on the Argos site yesterday when I was looking for some mundane household goods. Even without the special offer, it still seems a reasonably good price at £229 given that it includes Win7.

It's just my bad luck that I bought an Acer Aspire One D250 (N270 with XP) for £189 (including carry case) from Ebuyer just a few weeks ago. I could have been seriously tempted by this MSI Wind.

Obviously don't know if the Argos deal was on back then, but I did look around at what was on offer (e.g. Saverstore, DABS, PCWorld etc.) and the Acer from Ebuyer seemed a pretty good deal.

Didn't really think of checking out Argos - it's not somewhere that I think of for buying PC stuff.

Batch 08:28 19 Feb 2010

And, by way of contrast, I've just received a mail shot from Ebuyer with what they claim is an "Amazing Price" on this similar HP machine at £297 click here

Key diffs in spec:

+Has 250GB HDD (instead of 160GB)
+Has 6 cell battery (instead of 3)
- Only has Wireless b/g (instead of b/g/n)

It makes one wonder if Argos have made a mistake.

sunnystaines 12:08 20 Feb 2010

if you get it up the ram to 2gb

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

Explore Milton Glaser's iconic poster designs from the 1960s to present, including Bob Dylan, I…

What to expect at Apple's 27 March education event

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts