Mozilla 1.6 beats Internet Explorer, agreed?

TOPCAT® 17:33 29 Feb 2004

Here's the exhortations from the latest devotee of Mozilla. What's your opinion on this browser? Haven't tried it myself yet. TC.

click here

Stuartli 17:45 29 Feb 2004

As I've never used it - and I suspect many others - it would be pointless to make any comments.

Found it quicker, but some sites just didnt want to work....

ams4127 19:35 29 Feb 2004

I can't see any point in changing. IE6 is here, it's part of my machine and it works perfectly.

So I might save the odd millisecond here or there but it really doesn't seem worth the bother.

PurplePenny 19:40 29 Feb 2004

I do prefer it to IE, I like Mozilla Firefox even more. But many of the things that people are praising (tabbed browsing, pop-up stoppers, cookie control, smart download management) have been available from Opera for a long time and I prefer the way Opera handles pop-ups. I prefer the way Mozilla Thunderbird handles mail to Opera's mail which is horribly confusing (though I think that Pesala will disagree with me there). I don't use Mozilla mail because Moz is on the PC with Opera and as I'm using Opera as my browser I let it get my mail too (confusing as it is).

It is true that some sites don't like Moz/Firefox. They don't like Opera either but you can tell Opera to identify itself as IE and that makes some sites work.

PP

TOPCAT® 19:46 29 Feb 2004

I quite agree that IE6 works fine as it does on this machine.

Security would be my contention, as I seem to recall that Mozilla is just as prone to invasion as IE. More so I would think, with Mozilla's open source code being widely available. TC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?