Morphing Compact Flash ?

Cheesy_55 11:42 22 May 2003

Just wanted to share my experiences of buying a CF card over the internet with you. I purchased a 256Mb CF card and a 128Mb memory stick from Photoglossy.com last November. Delivery was quick - and I began using the Samsung 256Mb CF card that I had received. Recently images began corrupting on the CF card and so last week I sent this back to Photoglossy (whose sister company is MX2 I understand) for replacement. Yesterday I received an email stating "indeed we did supply you with a cf256, but the item you have returned to us is not that supplied. You have returned a Samsung card and the only ones we have ever stocked were Intergral and memory gold." I spoke to a company representative (Director) today on the telephone and the dicussion turned in to my word against theirs and basically as I could not prove that I had received the Samsung model they would not be prepared to replace or refund. Had the CF card been a make that they recognised I got the impression that I would not have had a refund as my claim "was within 3 days of the 6 month policy". My suggestion that it was although it was within three days but still within their 6 month policy did not appear to hold any water at all.

Given that the company say they did not send me this card can I thank the charitable person out there sending CF cards to the needy !

Lead 05:39 24 May 2003

Have you tried Samsung themselves? Maybe they can replace it under a manufacturers warranty.

Lead 05:41 24 May 2003

I'm yet to actually do it, but everytime I hear of a story like this I wonder whether I should film myself opening parcels! At least then if there is a debate over whether an item was included, or damaged, or incorrect, I have evidence to support my claim. :)

anchor 12:56 24 May 2003

Samsung UK have a service team phone number:

0870 242 0303

Try them after the holiday.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment nettoyer Windows et optimiser son PC gratuitement ?