More Aldi Medion based bargains

Stuartli 13:35 23 Mar 2006

Aldi is staging another computer based special offers session from Thursday, March 30th, including the Medion MD 8800 base station PC at £750.

Full specification from the link at:

click here (which also details Medion refurbished 27in LCD TVs for £450).

Other offers include a Medion 17in multimedia LCD monitor at £140, flatbed scanner at £50 and an external 250GB hard drive at £100.

The base station is likely to prove very popular as with earlier similar machines.

BRYNIT 14:30 23 Mar 2006

Aldi Clearance offers on Thursday 30 March

27" widescreen LCD TV £379.99

DVD/VCR combi £49.99

Mobil GPS Saltellite Navigation system with integated GPS receiver £179.((

BRYNIT 14:31 23 Mar 2006

? £179.(( should be £179.99

Stuartli 15:38 23 Mar 2006

The refurbished 27in LCD is cheaper than on its own website...:-)

Stuartli 15:40 23 Mar 2006

Wasn't aware of that - the details came in an Aldi four page flyer sent out with the local freebie newspaper last night; states available from Thursday, March 30th, from 9am.

Stuartli 19:04 25 Mar 2006

It took Aldi quite a long time to even get round to accepting debit cards...:-)

Probably due to the fact that its low profit margins would be further hit by accepting such cards.

Stuartli 14:35 26 Mar 2006

If you have a debit card with the Visa logo then (at least in the case of my Halifax and, I assume, my equivalent LloydsTSB, debit cards), the consumer protection is the same as with a credit card.

the old man 14:50 26 Mar 2006

Ref. Visa logo. I bank with the CO-OP and they told me that that does not apply. I have the Visa logo on my debit card and credit card protection does not apply.

Stuartli 15:58 26 Mar 2006

I would check again .

I know it applies to my Halifax card as the companry's PR guru confirmed the cover on a major website - I reported it in these forums at the time.

See:

click here

spuds 17:18 26 Mar 2006

I took up the issue of cards displaying the Visa logo, both with Barclays and Visa International click here

Another little bit of favourable information. The Court of Appeal last week, overturned an earlier decision regarding purchases from abroad using credit cards. It would now appear that section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act, now applies to these transactions. No doubt the finance institutions are not very pleased.

the old man 22:30 27 Mar 2006

Gents,
Co-op still say no to having same rights for debit card as a credit card. Am awaiting reply from Visa International.
Have read other posts and the moneysaver forum which I would trust implicitely. However i will wait and see what the reply is from Visa and then go back to Co-op. As stated we need things in writing to clarify the situation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi Mix 3 UK Review: Xiaomi's Flagship Slides Into The UK

Freelance Wars' has given us a year of hilarious, oh-too-true GIFs about nightmare clients and…

Apple Maps vs Google Maps

Amazon Prime : Prix et avantages