Microsoft XP Home OEM With Service Pack 1A

[email protected] 20:39 10 Oct 2003

Just bought this, seems like a good deal!

click here

I am looking to build a computer for my son and have been thinking about getting an OEM version of Windows XP.

Thing is, I now have all of the hardware so I assume that I would not be able to purchase this item without buying an internal component.

Djohn 21:00 10 Oct 2003

Most stores will sell the O/S without a hardware purchase, but even those that insist on hardware again, most will accept a mouse as being an essential item to operate a PC.

DieSse 22:00 10 Oct 2003

Read this is the conditions on the link given :-

....to be sold with any "non-peripheral hardware component" and is bundled as such.

rev.bem 22:04 10 Oct 2003

Did you purchase it as a single item?

microswift 22:23 10 Oct 2003

I bought XP Home OEM version on its own about six months ago from overclockers, cost £76 inc. delivery.

I did note the conditions on the link given but there still seems to be some debate about this issue in general.

I guess that as Ebuyer have this as a conition means that they will apply it but I would be interested in receiving a reponse from [email protected] anyway.

Joanne_1 23:27 10 Oct 2003

I bought xp home for £70 and xp pro for £110 from the computer shop around the corner from where I live..it was OEM but I dont care about a box and instructions.

[email protected] 20:15 12 Oct 2003

Yep I bought a USB cable for 79 pence :-)

[email protected] 07:15 13 Oct 2003

Reading the conditions it says that it is "bundled" with a non peripheral component - I would imagine I will be getting a IDE cable along with the software.

The licencing of windows is all a bit daft - It reminds me of market stall holders who sell fake Rolex watches by selling an empty box for £20 (but you get a free watch when you buy the box).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to watch the World Cup for free on TV and online

16 illustration tips for packaging

Best external graphics cards (eGPUs) for Mac

Les meilleurs antivirus pour Mac (2018)