Microsoft messenger back..

rdave13 20:06 18 Sep 2014
Answered

... well sort of. Logged in to my email via Outlook.com on IE and was surprised to see it there. I usually use WLM so hadn't noticed before. Just a pointer, really, in case someone will find it useful. Only difference is you need to keep a tab open on your browser.

rdave13 21:21 18 Sep 2014

Jock1e I don't use Facebook but think this is tied to Skype. Managed to get a few people connected via Skype originally through the original messenger. Now have no idea how to add contacts as I'm not a member of any social media. Seems impossible to give an invite to someone on Skype for simple messaging without a social media account.

rdave13 00:19 19 Sep 2014
Answer

Woolwell , precisely. You cannot invite any friends to join from your email contacts list, only from a social media list, and that is why I don't use Skype. If your friends have a Skype account then you should be able to connect. I think you would then have to use your email?

That's where the old messenger worked better. It didn't configure these social media inputs or your own personal data.

My heading is another hopeful yearning to one of Microsoft's better products that has eaten the dust.

rdave13 13:46 19 Sep 2014

I agree with you. Facetime and iMessages rule here too. I'm the only one without an iPad though!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Home Hub review

Print legends Dan Mumford and Supermundane on making the leap from 2D to AR

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs