Mesh - should I buy one ?

JustJohn 19:21 24 Sep 2003

After the excellent reviews in PC Advisor I had decided to buy a Mesh desktop system. However after having read some of the postings here I am now having doubts - mainly the poor customer service.
So should I buy a mesh PC ?

Stuartli 17:35 25 Sep 2003

Precisely.

Judging by the time you have to wait from ordering and receiving a system from Mesh, it clearly produces many hundreds of systems a month.

Not surprisingly there may be one or two problems for the occasional customer but I'm sure they must be few and far between.

Most people are quick to complain but rarely put pen to paper to praise.....

But I do think that Mesh should only take payment from your credit card company on the day that it actually despatches a system, not when it is first ordered two or three weeks prior to this stage.

johnnyrocker 18:26 25 Sep 2003

one has to speak as one finds and after 2 sorry years 2 hard drives 3 repair attempts at their premises at staples corner and a host of other problems i feel justified in each of my postings regarding this company and by way of balance i have been happily promoting the makers of my new pc across the forums and they are click here
if anyone wants to have a look.

cheers.

johnny

wags 18:37 25 Sep 2003

johnnyrocker, are you on commission ? If not, you should be ! :)

Djohn 18:54 25 Sep 2003

Must admit though, the link does seem to provide some nice systems. j.

sierra 19:27 25 Sep 2003

I understand what you are saying and agree with you,particularly on standard production machines paid for by credit card. However, as in my case where the specifcation had been altered from standard I think that they would be justified in expecting a deposit upfront.

johnnyrocker 19:32 25 Sep 2003

commision would be nice but my reccommendations come purely from my relief at knowing i can switch on a pc and it works very well and i am a happy customer as are some very fortunate mesh people.

cheers.

johnny.

JustJohn 19:41 25 Sep 2003

Thanks for all the advice.
Still not sure what to do - but it has been helpful to hear both sides of the argument.
Cheers
John

Stuartli 19:45 25 Sep 2003

I agree with non-standard systems but what I was trying to say, without actually writing it down, was that Mesh probably has the money (plus that from many other buyers) on deposit and....:-)

johnnyrocker 19:59 25 Sep 2003

i take your point stuart my post was not aimed at yourself but elsewhere where comments were made re quick to moan etc,i was just applying a bit iof balance re my views.

cheers, off home now be back later;)

johnny.

cedric 20:10 25 Sep 2003

yes great pc good service and help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HTC U12 Plus review: Hands-on

Frida Kahlo's life, art and legacy explored in Google's new giant online collection and app

Best Android emulators for Mac

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?