Mesh computers, can I trust them ?

yamaha1000pc 14:06 08 Dec 2015

I want to renew my aging PC with a skylake i5 seen in PC Advisor reviews, but can I trust the company and its service record. I have seen some dreadful reviews concerning customer service and issues around their financial stability, can anyone ease my nerves about using them thank you.

spuds 15:07 08 Dec 2015

The 'original' Mesh had a very good reputation, and sold thousand's of machines. In fact they even had a representative on this forum, who answered questions regarding Mesh,for a time. Unfortunately, the 'original' Mesh, as we all knew it then went bust.But as resurfaced since.

Information on Mesh click here or some latest reviews click here

yamaha1000pc 15:20 08 Dec 2015

Thanks Spuds;

I assumed that the company 'Mesh' was totally reputable having read the review on PC Advisor I want to support them as the PC i'm looking at meets my needs perfectly, Hummm what to do ??? Thanks again

spuds 15:44 08 Dec 2015

If you do go ahead with a computer from this company, then make sure you use a credit card (not debit card) or a computer loan/purchase plan, that will be safeguarded by section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act.

I notice Mesh offer 0% interest free plans,so perhaps worth looking into that.

If things then go wrong, you will have a third party to fall on, for your own protection.

Looking further into the 'new' Mesh, it seems a bit of a mystery, because I cannot find any evidence that they have again ceased trading, like some reviewer's seem to suggest. In fact, their website is still offering builds for Christmas delivery!.

Forum Editor 16:05 08 Dec 2015

Take a look at the history of Mesh computers. It will explain what happened.

We don't in any way endorse specific computer suppliers in the magazine or in this forum. What we do is report on machines that are sent to us for review.

The fact that we may write a good review of a particular computer is not in itself an endorsement of the company which made or submitted the review machine.

yamaha1000pc 16:12 08 Dec 2015

Spuds,

Thank you for the sound advice, What a shame I can't be totally confident in placing my order. I have now contacted them directly and have been informed that they are trading normally and there should be 'no problems', Famous last words (I hope not) I will give them a try. Wish me luck ! I'll be Back (as the saying go's) to let others know if there is a problem. Thanks again.

wee eddie 19:36 08 Dec 2015

No Company will give you advanced warning that they are going to fail.

Mesh are, at the moment, as safe as any other. As has been said by others: Make your choice of Machine, from whichever Company you chose, use your Credit Card and don't hold your breath.

iscanut 22:24 08 Dec 2015

Have a look at Chillblast computers. A very good company and a good range and prices. I have used them in the past.

yamaha1000pc 08:59 09 Dec 2015

Thank you all,

I will feed back my experience with them + or -

Govan1x 10:29 09 Dec 2015

Have to admit with customer reviews like that why take a chance.

HondaMan 16:17 11 Dec 2015

I bought one some years back and it did perform faultlessly, but time moves on and it was consigned to other family members for email, browsing and some writing. I had no complaints with it. The memory was upgraded (by me) and 3 additional HDDs were added, again by me all with absolutely no problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon slashes Echo Dot price to just £24.99 to kick off Black Friday

The 51 Best Free Typefaces Every Designer Should Have

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio (2018)