Hot Topics

MBS billing

Forum Editor 11:41 02 Sep 2007

This is a continuation of the thread that was originally posted in the Helproom. That thread ended up being 21 pages long, with over 800 posts, and has been closed. In response to requests I'm opening this here, in Consumerwatch which is a more appropriate place, so the discussion may continue.

You can read the original thread if you click here

spuds 11:21 25 Sep 2007

With wee eddie on this one. In my hometown, a court case came up about two/three years ago, in which the parents of two children aged 13 and 15 had downloaded masses of copyright music files 'for their mates and school friends, for no rewards!'.

Whatever the parents stated, it still resulted in a very heavy fine, that they had to pay, with threat of further penalties if they did not comply.

But I would suggest that downloading copyright music material is perhaps not in the same league as MBS's activities!.

Forum Editor 00:03 28 Sep 2007

We don't do petitions here, and in any case, who would you petition? Nobody has so far come up with any evidence whatsoever of illegal activity on the part of MBS.

We don't allow defamatory comment, by the way, so no more references to 'Cowboys' please, or to 'any other potential crook'.

wee eddie 11:58 28 Sep 2007

As yet I have seen no mention of any billing of those who paid on time and expressed a wish not to use the site after the period billed for was up.

You were not a fool to pay. It saved you a lot of time and hastle and it really depends on how much you value your own time. Most of those who visited one of the sites and then refused to pay-up have spent several hours getting rid of the markers.

I have to agree with those that say that MBS were sneaky in not putting the cost in inch high letters across the screen but like you I believe that I should take the consequences of my own actions.

spuds 12:23 28 Sep 2007

If you have paid and cancelled, and have records of this, then you should have no further worries about bailiffs knocking on your door or threats of anything else. The matter should now be closed in respect of payment.

The other matter of your pc being placed out of action is another concern. Have you bothered to follow any of the guidance of possible correcting this problem issued by other forum members. A simple download and check of Spybot may help perhaps?.

spuds 12:25 28 Sep 2007

The last suggestion would require your pc to be operational to some point, of course!.

Forum Editor 23:10 05 Oct 2007

If your husband is going to pay the current bill he can instruct MBS to cancel his registration. He should do that by email, quoting any references
on the bill.

Nobody is going to hassle you via your IP address, so rest easy on that score.

Forum Editor 16:20 07 Oct 2007

The link in AlfaFemale's post is to a php login authentication page, and by clicking it you will not have "opened myself up to an MBS infection ....."

Forum Editor 17:33 29 Oct 2007

that we will delete any posts which contain links to other sites that have information about how to remove or disable MBS software.

If you wish to cancel an account with MBS you should email: [email protected] quoting Your Account number and requesting ‘uninstall procedures’ in the subject line. The company says it will then send you an uninstall file, provided you have no outstanding bills.

Forum Editor 16:29 30 Oct 2007

Since when did you get the impression that I believe everything anyone tells me? As I'm sure you realise, certain companies tend to have a hair trigger when it comes to being litigious, and in seven years of online activity we haven't yet had a single problem in terms of a defamation action. I have no intention of starting now.

I'm sure that you also realise that work goes on behind the scenes here, and just because I'm not constantly posting in this thread it doesn't mean I'm sitting on my hands as far as MBS is concerned.

Forum Editor 17:06 30 Oct 2007

"The tick box has now been removed, it was removed when I brought it to the attention of MBS managment (sic)"

Could you confirm when it was that you brought it to their attention?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Pixelbook Go review

5 Design Tips for Stand-out Packaging in the New Normal

Different Think: Apple, stop being so successful!

French Days 2020 : dates, sites participants & bons plans