Hot Topics

MBS billing

Forum Editor 11:41 02 Sep 2007

This is a continuation of the thread that was originally posted in the Helproom. That thread ended up being 21 pages long, with over 800 posts, and has been closed. In response to requests I'm opening this here, in Consumerwatch which is a more appropriate place, so the discussion may continue.

You can read the original thread if you click here

tullie 12:05 02 Sep 2007

Do you realise its Sunday FE?

Forum Editor 12:48 02 Sep 2007

Yes, but I've worked in the forum at some point on every Sunday for the past six years, and today's no exception. Sad, but true.

Forum Editor 13:51 02 Sep 2007

than everyone agreeing with me - it would be boring in the extreme. Fortunately there's no danger of it ever happening.

Batch 17:48 02 Sep 2007

I was interested to see that click here indicates that Ashley Bateup, managing director of MBS has pointed out that the maximum bill display profile is twice daily, each time held open for a 10-minute period.

Is this really the case? The postings on these forums complain about PCs being crippled. That doesn't seem consistent with the above. Who is telling the truth?

wee eddie 18:15 03 Sep 2007

Thank you for drawing my attention to a well written and balanced article.

We have listened to many who are on their high horse, but with their eyes closed to the possibility that other members of the family might have downloaded the Software.

I, personally, would have preferred that MBS had made their Terms & Conditions very much more obvious and I think that, in time, they will.

I think that, in many cases, it is a case of literally "being caught with ones pants down" (although not necessarily performing the act that that the phrase originally suggested) and trying to avoid the consequences.

Forum Editor 18:54 03 Sep 2007

Michael Pollitt's article was written back in May of this year, and we have had other links to it, but it doesn't do any harm to revisit.

Of particular interest is the statement from the Divisional manager of West Yorkshire Trading Standards, who said "It would appear to be very difficult to subscribe to the service without realising. As such, any contracts that are entered into are likely to be legally binding."

Forum Editor 23:52 03 Sep 2007

The following information is from the Network Solutions database entry for the domain name in question, in the light of which it is a bit silly for MBS to claim to be independent from the site that is sitting on a domain name registered to one of is directors:

Registrant Contact:
MICRO BILL SYSTEMS LIMITED
Mark Webb ([email protected])
+44.08712317374
Fax:
SUITE 15
14 CLIFTON DOWN ROAD
BRISTOL, BRISTOL BS8 4BF
GB

Administrative Contact:
+44.08712317374
Fax:
SUITE 15
14 CLIFTON DOWN ROAD
BRISTOL, BRISTOL BS8 4BF
GB

Technical Contact:
+44.08712317374
Fax:
SUITE 15
14 CLIFTON DOWN ROAD
BRISTOL, BRISTOL BS8 4BF
GB

Forum Editor 00:11 04 Sep 2007

The above information is particularly interesting because I was told that MBS were simply acting as payment collectors for the site in question.

Forum Editor 18:32 04 Sep 2007

to ask if he can clear up the apparent confusion over the matter of domain name registration and site operation.

Forum Editor 19:48 04 Sep 2007

Email me

[email protected] and give me a link to the site. I'll check it out.

Please do not post a link to it here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to start your spring clean

To engage remote audiences, AR is more vital than ever

How to set up an Apple smart home

Les meilleures offres gratuites pendant la période de confinement