Hot Topics

Malware bytes fake key warning

martd7 08:26 22 Mar 2019
Answered

Thought I would post to let you all know that my MWB premium lifetime license has been revoked by MWB for being fake,it was purchased 3years ago from eBay,I had no idea it was fake,rep tells me thousands of users have the same code

According to the MWB rep it's fake if not purchased from MWB,it is £29.99 for a year now

The Kestrel 12:57 08 Jul 2019

I tried to update my malwarebytes premium to the latest version last night but was refused access. MBAM stated that my licence, a lifetime one bought on ebay, had too many devices connected to it. I have contacted the original seller to ask for a replacement that will work, however I'm not holding my breath in anticipation.

john bunyan 10:04 10 Jul 2019

My MBAM Premium lifetime licence on desktop updated ok. Trying laptop tonight . Bought each for £10 from a PC dealer years ago

Govan1x 12:32 10 Jul 2019

The Kestrel

Sometimes windows updates interferes with malwarebytes and is classed as having to many devices connected to it.

I have had that problem a couple of times. Running their repair tool solved it for a while till the next Windows update.

I had to prove to Malwarebytes that I had a valid version of Malwarebytes before they would let me install it again.

Maybe it means you are running the same one on different computers, Not sure if you do that or not. I used to with no problems but not anymore.

Best of luck hope you get it resolved. They will tell you that you can only buy it from Malwarebytes but that is a load of rubbish. Every security company has resellers who are entitled to sell it.

martd7 13:52 10 Jul 2019

This was posted on the MWB forum about licensing

click here

john bunyan 19:33 10 Jul 2019

Now installed on laptop and desktop with lifetime licences.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Where's our Galaxy S20 Ultra review?

Creatives in China won't find this flag on Adobe, Getty or Shutterstock

New iPhone 12 release date, price & specs rumours

Microsoft Surface Duo confirmé : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique