Lord Of The Rings??????????

night 14:33 04 Mar 2003

Having visited my local PC World shop and purchased the above at £30.00. and checked it would play on my computer XP, I now find it will not even play because I have Intel (R) 82810E Grahics Contoller Video Card, in my new computer and I am now told I need a mimimum of 32mb 3D Video Cardwith single pass multi-texturing and TEH, due to the very small print on the game one does not even see it or let alone read it, I now have a game I cant play, and PC World will not reimburse my money ( LET THIS BE A WARNING) to any prospective buyers of this game, and I consider it a con and it should be pointed out when buying.

bfoc 14:53 04 Mar 2003

'checked it would play on my computer XP,', was that just looking on the box or did you ask someone? That could be important.

Also I would approach PC World again, since if the writing is very small it might be considered 'unreasonable' for them to expect that you should read it. Perhaps if they still won't refund your money they might agree to offer you a credit note/ vouchers or another game that might work.

It is a difficult area and I can understand your frustration, although I'm not sure it is exactly a con.

oresome 15:31 04 Mar 2003

"I need a mimimum of 32mb 3D Video Card with single pass multi-texturing and TEH, due to the very small print on the game one does not even see it or let alone read it"

Assuming you overcame the first two obstacles, spotting the print and then reading it, would it make any sense to you?

Sounds like a load of techno babble to me that would pass over the head of the average consumer.

If restrictions like this apply, retailers should be made to put a warning notice above the product........"Please see a member of staff before purchasing this item"

Jonathan314159 15:49 04 Mar 2003

All games have minimum requirements on them detailed on the box, and its usually in small print. Seems a bit strong to call it a "con" if its on the box.

I get more irritated when a game hardly runs even when the computer is way above the minimum specs

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?