Looking for first TFT monitor

Europa 18:17 07 Aug 2006

I was looking in the PC Advisor magazine, and I saw the Philips 190X6FB, I had a look for some reviews in googles search and found a website where they seemed to have had problems with it.
It will be my first TFT, so I do not want too much problems. I am tempted by the viewsonic VA1912W or the viewsonic VX922.
There is only a difference of £10 between the two on Savastore.
I will need it for gaming and internet surfing.
As I got an excellent CRT monitor at the moment, I will be going for the quality of image.
If it's important, I am running two AOpen NVidia Aeolus GF 6600GT 128Mb in SLI configuration.
Is Salvastore safe? Are they good at delivering next day?

mazbo13 09:12 10 Aug 2006

I've just got my first TFT and I'm very pleased with it. It is a Viewsonic VA1912W, bought as part of a Mesh system.

dontmeshwithme 09:55 10 Aug 2006

I have a Philips monitor (a 20.1" widescreen) although I am very happy with the quality it became faulty after 8 weeks and Philips refused to replace it with a new screen insisting I had a re-furb, but they didn't have one of these in stock and I would have to wait until they had one! I then went back to savastore (the supplier) who was very helpful, they arranged pickup of the old screen and then supply a brand new one. My only query with savastore is that it takes several days to get a reply via email and it took 20 minutes to get through to customer support (on an 0870) number, but once you get though to support they genuinely want to help. I am therefore happy to use savastore again, but would not buy from Philips instead I would use viewsonic. Ebuyer is still my prefered supplier.

Europa 10:38 10 Aug 2006

At the end I have gone for the Samsung 19" SyncMaster 940BF, they are selling them for £200 on Dabs, I had one for £184, was listed as used but it was only because the box has been open, the monitor never was used and there was nothing missing. So far I am happy with it. The only thing would be that I don't have any USBs on it, no speakers neither but I was told that the sound coming out of a monitor'speakers is bad anyway. The picture is fine, that's all that counts for me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?