Looking for advice on broadband

EARLR 10:29 25 Oct 2005

I live in southern Spain and am currently using Telefonica's broadband. It's slow and requires me to have a telephone land-line. Both are expensive.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks

Forum Editor 18:05 25 Oct 2005

which is the more appropriate forum area. We have a regular contributor who also lives in Spain, I'll advise him about your query, and I'm sure he'll help if he can.

EARLR 18:46 25 Oct 2005

/

DieSse 22:36 25 Oct 2005

I see you've ticked this thread - but you now won't get any notifications that you've been answered!

If you wish - please start a new thread - or you can send me an email by clicking on the yellow envelope.

What exactly is the problem - I have many clients and friends who use Telefonica BB quite happily (as well as other suppliers). Tell us a bit more about what speed you pay for, what speed you get, and how much you pay - and I see if I can make any sensible suggestions.

I live in Almeria, with no telephone line! So I have a microwave system. My costs for BB are high compared with the UK and Spanish ADSL, and speeds not great. I wish I could get a telephone line (but I can't).

I presume you do realise that in order to have ADSL you MUST have a telephone line - that's what the ADSL connection uses - there are no cable systems that I have come across here.

However there are lots of *deals* for BB and telephone combined, which are really very good.

So let me know more about your situation, and I'll see if I can point you in the right direction.

Forum Editor 22:42 25 Oct 2005

Thanks, DieSse.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?