Longhorn...more info?

Fateful Shadow 13:36 27 Jul 2003

Apart from the news section on this site, does anybody know where I can get information on the OS Windows Longhorn?

Thanks

powerless 13:44 27 Jul 2003
  DieSse 14:01 27 Jul 2003

But seeing as how it's not due until 2005 ......

powerless 14:51 27 Jul 2003

Theres nothing wrong in finding information about it DieSee.

What we see now will/maybe different to its Gold status, but still...

TechMad 17:30 27 Jul 2003

You need until 2005 to save up the money to have a computer strong enough to support it.

Forum Editor 18:30 27 Jul 2003

will change quite a bit between now and the projected release date.

There's little point in getting too excited about this O/S until it has been in beta for a while. It's still in the alpha stage at the moment, and there's a very long way to go.

Fateful Thankful Shadow 19:04 27 Jul 2003

I only wanted to know a few details for my ICT class next term. We are starting work on Operating systems, and I wanted to know a bit about Longhorn before I returned to school.

Besides...if I can get my teacher talking about Longhorn, they'll go on for ages, leaving us with a free lesson! (Joke! :P)

Thanks

Mango Grummit 23:53 27 Jul 2003

"I only wanted to know a few details for my ICT class next term." Here you go then, more info than you can shake a stick at.

Paul Thurrott's SuperSite for Windows: Windows "Longhorn" FAQ

click here

AdeJ 19:24 28 Jul 2003

"Besides...if I can get my teacher talking about Longhorn, they'll go on for ages, leaving us with a free lesson! (Joke! :P) "

The youth of today... (but believe it or not the same trick still works for me with my boss...)

Mango Grummit 20:33 08 Aug 2003

sorted?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Why this awful City of Los Angeles job ad for a graphic designer is actually brilliant

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)