LiteOn DVD R/RW Thoughts

Demora 01:09 31 Dec 2003

Anyone have any good/bad reports on LiteOne DVD R/RWs. PC world have an 8x -/+ drive which looks ok to me..... BUT I need input here as this would be a first dvd writer.

TIA

Demora

Stuartli 08:23 31 Dec 2003

Lite-On products are excellent as well as good value for money.

Many of their drives are rebadged products from leading manufacturers, in the main Plextor.

Some details of Lite-On drives here, plus other makes:

click here

Demora 10:39 31 Dec 2003

I had heard something about them in the summer and was really wondering from curiosity more than anything else.

I had a Mirai cd RW and its just starting to give me trouble after 3 years so am looking around at something good to replace it.

Thanks.

Demora

Stuartli 12:16 31 Dec 2003

This is Lite-On's UK home page:

click here

plus more info on the company:

click here

Demora 01:14 02 Jan 2004

Well I finally took the plunge and bought the 8x Lite-On dvd R/RW as PC world were selling out of them (not just Lite-On) and I really had to replace the old cdr/rw. Fitted it in 15 mins and all set up.

Now to make rather expensive beer mats.

Thanks for the input and have a happy new year to all of you.

Demora

Stuartli 09:25 02 Jan 2004

Cheaper beer mats at click here ...:-)

Demora 10:48 02 Jan 2004

Oh Wow yet another place I can spend his money.....Still He'll get something useful at the end of it...

Beer Mats. LOL:

Thanks for that it really looks a useful www. BTW I bought 10 DVD-R from my local shop

click here They're quite good

Demora

Stuartli 13:18 02 Jan 2004

If anyone just wants to buy the odd five or 10 DVD-Rs etc Morrisons sells (or was quite recently) Memorex branded 5 packs at about £2.99.

Demora 18:26 02 Jan 2004

Wow...... If only there was a Morrisons locally. BTW I have no connections with the link for the computer shop mentioned above. Kust use them when the weather is bad and can't be bothered to wait for a bus

Demora

Stuartli 08:16 03 Jan 2004

When Morrisons finally completes its Safeway takeover be prepared for a class act...

A Yorkshire family that's right on the mark.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPad Air (2019) review

Digital humans aren't just possible - they're essential in today's top games

iMac 27in (2019) review

Les bons plans appareils photos (2019)