Lenovo all-in-one ideacentre 700

canemuto 10:02 08 Nov 2015

Hi,

did a quick browse to check if I'm not duplicating existing thread, sorry if I did.

Anyways:

Looking for a "all-in-one" and decided (?) for new Lenovo series.

In currys they have two models available (both 23.8" screen), main differences between those: - Intel® Core™ i5-6400 Processor vs. Intel® Core™ i7-6700 Processor - RAM: 8GB VS. 12GB (DDR4) - Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GT 930 (2 GB GDDR3)NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M (2 GB GDDR3)

I run both CPU's trough cpuboss.com - seems that regarding graphics it's too close call to say which one is better. CPU - obviously i7 has multithreading, but does it really matter?

First unit is £799.99, better (?) one is £999.99

Now the question - is "better" one worth that £200 extra? I don't mind spending that - it's just that I don't want to spend that extra for a computer that is only better in benchmark test and I won't ever notice it. I know it's nowhere near gaming unit, it's a laptop with bigger screen etc. etc. If I can run SC2 Legacy of the Void somewhere near mid-settings, I'd be happy.

What would you recommend?

Thanks for help.

[email protected] 09:27 09 Nov 2015

With a cashback offer, I'd recommend the one with i7. It would cost you only 100 GBP more with improved, RAM, Graphics and Processor!

Govan1x 13:27 09 Nov 2015

There have been a couple of posts on here recently with all in one's with problems.Not sure what make though so maybe google it for your make and see what it comes up with before buying.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon slashes Echo Dot price to just £24.99 to kick off Black Friday

The 51 Best Free Typefaces Every Designer Should Have

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio (2018)